Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Your Older Brother vodka cocktail


For Christmas, I have a tendency of receiving alcohol inspired gifts and this year was no different. From my wife, I received the perfect muddler and a notebook to jot down all of my favorite cocktail recipes. My wife's aunt and uncle gifted me with some awesome tulip glasses. From my in-laws, I received several books about beer, a bottle of port, and an interesting cocktail mixer. It is a piney, citrus flavored mixer made by White Whale called Your Older Brother.


White Whale makes several mixers from herbs and juices intended for a particular spirit. Their drink recipes are really simple; one part mixer, one part spirit, and garnish. Your Older Brother is meant to be mixed with vodka and garnished with a slice of lemon. I decided to bump up the orange flavor and a couple dashes of orange bitter and garnish with a orange slice. It is super refreshing and would be best a hot summer afternoon (it may be a while). You can purchase this mixer and explore the others here.

Recipe
-Fill glass with ice and add 1.5 ounces vodka
-Add 1.5 ounces of White Whale Your Older Brother mixer
-Optional: add three dashes of orange bitters
-Garnish with a lemon or orange slice (or both!)
-Stir and drink!

Gan Bei!


No comments:

Post a Comment